All staff within the HSC benefit from excellent terms and conditions, as well as a wide range of policies and schemes aimed at providing a good working environment.
Recognition of Previous Experience
Where an appointee has verified comparable experience, recognition of this will be made through remuneration at a higher point of the payscale for the particular grade appointed to.
Appointees will be able to benefit from Trust Re-Location Policies which offer a range of support up to a maximum amount as detailed in the relevant Trusts Policy including but not limited to:
-Travelling and subsistence expenses, including a single flight
to Northern Ireland from country of origin - Economy
- Removal to Northern Ireland of personal effects based on receipted expenditure.
The above list is not exhaustive and each Trust will have the discretion to
apply some flexibility to meet organisational and individual requirements.
Re-location Support Package
-Support with PLAB costs
Support with initial 2 months rental / deposit costs, recoverable from salary over a maximum of 12 months or, where available, provision of hospital accommodation on a time limited basis
-Salary Advance, to a maximum limit, repayable over a maximum of 12 months.
The above list is not exhaustive and each Trust will have the discretion to apply some flexibility to meet organisational and individual requirements.
Professional Support (Mentoring and Supervision)
Appointees will have access to professional support for induction, mandatory training and ongoing mentoring and supervision.
Access to Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and Support for career Development
Appointees will have access to Continuous Professional Development (CPD), and support for career development such as access to Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR), medical leadership training, and access to research opportunities.
Through Clinical Fellowships, the opportunity to gain competencies that will support applications to UK Training Programmes
Access to CPD to ensure appointees remain appropriately skilled to meet the needs of the post, and to enable appointees to avail of opportunities to progress.
Excellent Terms & Conditions of Service
The Trusts all operate under nationally agreed terms & conditions of service which includes:
- Basic working hours of 40 hours per week which for Consultant & Speciality Doctor grades is split across 10 Programmed Activities (PA’s).
- Paid annual leave which ranges from 25 days per annum to 32 days per annum depending on grade and service. In addition to this you will also be entitled to 12 statutory/public holidays each year.
- Generous salary paid directly into your UK Bank account on the third clear banking day before the end of the month (please note, all deductions including for example Government Taxes are deducted each month directly from your pay).
These nationally agreed Terms & Conditions are further enhanced by a wide range of local Human Resources Policies which will vary marginally between Trusts but generally include the following components:
- Flexible Working Arrangements and Work Life Balance Policies – These cover a range of initiatives but include for example support such as ‘Condensed Periods of Annual Leave’. This means that subject to the needs of service and with adequate notice Trusts may support condensed leave requeststo allow the international recruit to travel home for longer periods of time and therefore support family ties, e.g., taking leave in a block for 4 weeks. This may be taken as annual leave, or a combination of annual leave / unpaid leave.
- Local Gym Membership – many of the Trusts have discounted membership for their staff at local health & fitness facilities.
- Equality of Opportunity – all the Trusts will have policies and procedures to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity in the workplace.
- Employee Recognition Schemes – to recognise good practice and outstanding contribution to the service.
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes – these are schemes which typically support for example childcare or purchase of items such as bicycles where you can choose to have some of your salary diverted to these before Tax & National Insurance.
- Staff Discount Card – Trust employees can avail of 5% discount at over 50 major high street stores, with 17,000 outlets, using just one convenient gift card.
Support on Arrival
All of the Trusts participating in this International Recruitment initiative will be seeking to support you in your early days of employment and will aim to provide:
- A welcome event to introduce you to the Trust, and key staff
- Full induction programme incorporating professional and social support
- Access to social and recreational events for international doctors and their families
- Assistance with setting up a UK Bank Account
- Assistance with registering with a local General Practitioner (GP) and Dentist.
The above package is accurate at the date of publication and may be subject to change.