IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE FOR CARE ASSISTANTS
TTM Social Care have immediate vacancies on a Part-Time Relief basis for Experienced Care Assistants in Co. Kildare. These positions will involve working with both adults and children in residential and day services that present with various physical and intellectual disabilities. Successful candidates are required for an immediate start across in Kildare. Shift patterns will vary – mornings/evenings/split shifts/nights. You must be flexible to cover a range of shift patterns in order to be considered for the positions.
Role & Responsibilities:
• You will create, promote and maintain a high standard of care to both children and adults in the organisation;
• Perform duties as assigned on the personal Care Plan of the service users;
• Assist the service users with activities of daily living by providing care activities including, but not limited to: bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, oral hygiene, incontinence care and providing a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients;
• Provide light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens and changing the bed;
• Assists in meeting nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, and kitchen clean-up;
• Assists the client with movement/transfers as specified in the Care Plan e.g. using hoist;
• You will use positive approaches to support people who may have behaviours that challenge in line with the organisations practice;
• Observe and report any changes in the service users mental, physical, or emotional condition to immediate supervisor in a timely manner;
• Establish and maintain effective communication and a professional relationship with service users and family members;
• Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
• You will ensure that all relevant records within the unit are updated regularly.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience as a Care Assistant working with clients presenting with various physical and intellectual disabilities;
• You will be experienced and comfortable in dealing with challenging behaviours and be able to provide examples to demonstrate this;
• You will have a proven ability to interact successfully on a one to one basis with clients of various backgrounds & disabilities;
• You will have fluent written and spoken English and excellent report writing skills;
• You will be flexible to cover a range of day/night/sleepover shifts. You may also be called last minute to cover shifts as the need arises;
• You must be able to provide 3 industry related references to support your application;
• You must have the necessary permits in order to work in Ireland.
Qualifications – You must be able to provide certificates to supplement the below:
• Minimum of a Fetac Level 5 Qualification in a Healthcare discipline;
• Challenging Behavious Training – (for example MAPA / CPI / NCI) – TTM regularly runs this 2 day course if you are not already trained;
• Child Protection / Children First training completed – TTM regularly runs this 1 day course if you are not already trained;
• Patient Manual Handling training – TTM regularly runs this 1 day course if you are not already trained;
• Safe Guarding Vulnerable Adults training – TTM regularly runs this 3 hour course if you are not already trained;
To apply for the above position please send your CV to Edel Hassett on email@example.com
Please note, due to the high volume of applications only people that match the above requirements will be contacted.