TTM Social Care have IMMEDIATE vacancies for Qualified and Experienced Social Care Workers in Clondalkin Co.Dublin
The position will involve working with families from a minority ethnic community in residential units, aftercare units and on foster care programmes.
Successful candidates are required for an immediate start.
Role & Responsibilities:
- As a Social Care Worker you will enable service users realise their goals and achieve their identified priorities.
- You will provide support and act as an advocate for participation and inclusion in the community;
- You will create, promote and maintain a high standard of care to both children and adults ensuring a continuous contribution to the provision of a programme of stimulating activities
- You will use positive approaches to support people who may have challenging behaviour in line with Organisational practice.
- You will participate in all aspects of the running of the service including leisure activities, driving transport, escort duties, general cleaning and upkeep of the service;You will ensure that all relevant records within the unit are updated regularly
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 1 years experience as a Social Care Worker working with service users from a minority ethic community
- They will have a proven ability to interact successfully on a one to one basis with clients of various backgrounds
- Will have fluent written and spoken English and excellent report writing skills.
- Be flexible to cover a range of day/night/sleepover shifts. You may also be called last minute to cover shifts as the need arises.
- You must be able to provide 3 industry related references to support your application.
- You must have the necessary permits in order to work in Ireland.
Qualifications – You must be able to provide certificates to supplement the below:
- Minimum of a Fetac Level 7 Degree in Applied Social Studies;
- Have Child Protection / Children First training completed – TTM regularly runs this 1 day course if you are not already trained;
- Have completed TCI training and be able to provide certification for this
- Must hold a Full Irish drivers licence;
- First Aid is an advantage;
To apply for the above position please send your CV to Laura Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org