TTM Healthcare now have vacancies for Experienced Support Workers to work with a large Family Refuge Organisation company in North Dublin.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Provide emergency accommodation to Women and Children fleeing Domestic Violence.
• Welcome new residents with children and ensure that they are familiarised with house rules, practices, services and activities available.
• Ensure the provision of practical and emotional supports to all residents
• Advise and assist women on legal, housing, social welfare, rights and entitlements
• Provide information, advocacy and referrals to appropriate services
• Meet the unique needs and interests of each woman as part of an agreed plan paying particular attention to her family circumstance
• Provide ongoing emotional support to all women and children in crisis and to create opportunities for each woman to share their feelings about his/her home situation, their fears and anxieties.
• Create a friendly, safe, happy and caring environment for all women and children.
• Third Level Qualification at degree level in social science, social care or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience working in a social care setting with women/ families.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of domestic violence and issues affecting women and children experiencing domestic violence.
• Excellent stress and emotional tolerance
• Work as part of a Refuge team, liasing with other staff in relation to services for women/children/families.
• Perform such duties appropriate to the post, which may be assigned by the Refuge Manager or other Designated Officer.
• Access the designated person on call when required in line with policy and Children's First legislation.
If you feel you have the above criteria please apply with an up to date CV to: email@example.com