IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE FOR QUALIFIED SOCIAL CARE WORKERS
TTM Social Care have immediate vacancies on a Relief and Permanent basis for Experienced Social Care Workers based throughout Cork. These positions will involve working with both adults and children in residential and day services that present with various physical and intellectual disabilities.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist the service users with activities of daily living by providing care activities including, but not limited to: bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, oral hygiene, incontinence care and providing a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients
- Assists in meeting nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, and kitchen clean-up
- Assists the client with movement/transfers as specified in the Care Plan e.g. using hoist
- You will ensure that all relevant records within the unit are updated regularly.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Social Care, working with clients presenting with various physical and intellectual disabilities
- You will be experienced and comfortable in dealing with challenging behaviours and be able to provide examples to demonstrate this.
- You will have a proven ability to interact successfully with various disabilities, especially Autistic Adults and children
- You will be flexible to cover a range of day/night/sleepover shifts. You may also be called last minute to cover shifts as the need arises
- You must be able to provide 3 industry related references to support your application
- You must have the necessary permits in order to work in Ireland.
Qualifications – You must be able to provide certificates to supplement the below:
- Social Care Qualified – (minimum of a level 7 degree)
- Challenging Behaviours Training – (for example MAPA / CPI / NCI)
- Patient Manual Handling training
- Safe Guarding Vulnerable Adults training
** These roles will be starting immediately **
To apply for the above position please send your CV to Patrick O’Regan at email@example.com