This role is the ideal step for a senior social care worker or shift leader to step into the next natural step in their career.
This service is located in the Maynooth area in North Kildare. The Location Manager works on the front line while also having overall management of this part of the service. The service is a residential setting. The Location Manager, along with the team, will be responsible for developing plans and ideas that support and encourage new interests and hobbies ensuring a meaningful quality of life. Community integration and involvement is a key component of this service delivery as those accessing our services strive to live an independent life.
The Location Manager will be responsible for roster administration and related responsibilities such as leave and payroll submissions. Location managers will support high quality service delivery through day to day management, induction, probation, supervision and appraisal.
The Location Manager will manage two residential services in this location. The successful candidate will report to the Regional Manager and will work as an integral part of the regional team. This post will report into a Person in Charge (PIC).
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
Essential Qualifications for this post:
- Third level Qualification in Social Care or a related discipline
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and use of internet and email
- Hold a valid driver's licence for the purpose of transporting service users
- Four years recent experience in the social care/disability sector
- Experience managing staff and possess the confidence to resolve issues as they arise at local level.
- Manage the rolling rosters and allocate staff as per service needs or requirements
- Ability to support change management
- Confidence and experience dealing with external stakeholders
- A knowledge of New Directions guidelines.
- Experience managing and adhering to budgets as agreed by the Finance Dept.
- Experience of applying the National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities, Trust in Care and Adult Safeguarding
- Experience in a similar role
- Have experience supporting people with ASD
Salary Scale: Successful candidates will be paid in line with 2016 HSE revised consolidated Grade V Clerical pay scale point 1; €40,209 - 2nd LSI; € 48,496 per annum based on working a 39-hour week. There are 27 days annual leave with this post.
For more information, please call Darren on 065 6869300 (Extension 203)