Chief Medical Scientist (Clinical Chemistry), required by TTM Healthcare, on behalf of an independent, acute care hospital based in North Dublin.
The JCI accredited Pathology Department performs a wide range of clinical laboratory investigations utilising state of the art diagnostic analysers and techniques.
As Chief Medical Scientist, in conjunction with the Laboratory Manager and Consultant Chemical Pathologist, you will be expected to provide an efficient service to users ensuring that all standards are reached and that policies and procedures are followed as well as leading and co-ordinating scientific staff and/or support staff within the Laboratory.
You will also be taking an active role in the design and implementation of the quality management programme, including compliance with the requirements of ISO15189, amongst other duties.
This is a full-time, permanent position, with competitive salary and benefits offered to the selected candidate.
- MSc in Biomedical Science or equivalent
- Fellowship or eligible for fellowship of the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine (ACSLM)
- Minimum 7 years post-graduate relevant experience in a Pathology Laboratory, 2 of which must have been spent in a promotional grade
- Knowledge and experience of working in an ISO15189 accredited Medical Laboratory and of working with iLab Laboratory Information System
- Must have a high capacity for responsibility and individual initiative and demonstrate excellent planning and organisational skills, communication and interpersonal skills
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Schemes
- Restaurant Facilities
- Staff Car Parking
- Staff Members' Discount on Services
- Strong emphasis on work-life balance
- Mindfulness Training and Wellbeing Promotions
- Competitive Retirement Pension Package
To apply or discuss further, please submit a copy of your updated CV to Robyn at email@example.com, or call 01 513 4908.