Senior Medical Scientist (Laboratory Information Systems Manager), required by TTM Healthcare, on behalf of an independent, acute care hospital based in North Dublin.
The JCI accredited Pathology Department is a consultant led service and includes 31 scientific, assistant, clerical and phlebotomy staff, supporting 18 clinical units within the hospital including cardiology, endoscopy, surgery, medicine and oncology.
As Senior Medical Scientist (LISM), you will be participating in the planning, co-ordinating and promoting of all activities related to IT in the Pathology Department, including Lead for OrderComms at the Hospital and Administrator of iLab and other laboratory Information Systems, as well as OrderComms Super User for the Pathology Department.
Duties will include, amongst others:
- Managing the activities of the Laboratory Information System (LIS), directing the use of the LIS; perform file maintenance, test and update software.
- Develop LIS policies and procedures for both internal and external departments
- Co-ordinate operational use from the laboratory to assure successful interfacing between the LIS, Hospital Information System (HIS) and/or interface engine or hub
- Develop and provide computer orientation, training and in-service programs for all levels of laboratory personnel and other users as required
- Maintain and troubleshoot peripheral laboratory equipment and software
- Complete the training needs analysis review at their hospital, under the guidance of the Order Comms Project Manager
- Responsible for local communication in respect of the project, with support of the Order Comms project communication lead and the wider project team
- Direct the writing, maintaining and revising of laboratory IT standard operating procedures (SOPs), Policies and Guidelines
This is a permanent, full-time position, with competitive salary and excellent benefits offered.
- MSc in Biomedical Science
- Fellowship or eligible for Fellowship of the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine (ACSLM)
- Minimum 4 years' post graduate experience in a Medical Laboratory
- Cross discipline experience in the following areas: Microbiology, Biochemistry and Haematology, Point of Care Testing
- Extensive experience of working with iLab Laboratory Information System (iLAB/Apex)
- Experience of teaching/presenting
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent PC skills - Microsoft Office suite and other IT related packages
- Healthcare Schemes
- Restaurant Facilities
- Staff Car Parking
- Staff Members' Discount on Services
- Strong emphasis on work-life balance
- Mindfulness Training and Wellbeing Promotions
- Competitive Retirement Pension Package
To apply or discuss further, please submit a copy of your updated CV to Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01 513 4908.