Senior Medical Scientist (Histopathology Dissection), required by TTM Healthcare, on behalf of an independent, acute care hospital based in North Dublin.
The JCI accredited Pathology Department is a consultant led service and includes 31 scientific, assistant, clerical and phlebotomy staff, supporting 18 clinical units within the hospital including cardiology, endoscopy, surgery, medicine and oncology.
As Senior Medical Scientist in Histopathology Dissection, you will be working in co-operation with the Chief Medical Scientist and Laboratory Manager to lead the introduction and training of Medical Scientists in the histopathology dissection of skin and small surgical specimens, providing an efficient service to users ensuring that all standards are reached and that policies and procedures are followed.
You will participate in developing and leading the introduction of new ideas, methods, evaluating equipment, reagents and consumables, leading and co-ordinating scientific staff and support staff within the Laboratory and ensuring that the team is allocated according to patient needs and applying maximum delegation compatible with safety, amongst other duties.
This is a permanent, full-time position, with competitive salary and excellent benefits offered.
- MSc in Biomedical Science
- Fellowship or eligible for Fellowship of the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine (ACSLM)
- Recognised qualification in the histopathology dissection of skin samples
- Minimum four years' relevant post-graduate experience in Medical Laboratory
- Experience of working with iLab Laboratory Information System is desirable
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to supervise and motivate staff to reach their potential
- Healthcare Schemes
- Restaurant Facilities
- Staff Car Parking
- Staff Members' Discount on Services
- Strong emphasis on work-life balance
- Mindfulness Training and Wellbeing Promotions
- Competitive Retirement Pension Package
To apply or discuss further, please submit a copy of your updated CV to Robyn at email@example.com, or call 01 513 4908.