Residential Services - Clinical Nurse Manager 1 - Intellectual Disability Services
On behalf of our client, TTM Healthcare have been provided with the recruitment requirement for a Clinical Nurse Manager 1 for an intellectual disability service located in North Munster on a 12month contract.
Our client provides Residential and Day Services to people with an Intellectual Disability. The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team, who provide a person centred service tailored to meet the assessed needs of each person. The Clinical Nurse Manager 1 will report directly to the Clinical Nurse Manager II.
- Applicants must hold an active NMBI Registration.
- Management qualification or equivalent is desirable
- Applicants are required to obtain 2 year's experience at staff nurse level
- Applicants are required to have proven organisational, leadership, interpersonal and team building skills
Duties of the Clinical Nurse Manager I:
The CNM1 is responsible and accountable for the provision of clinical and professional leadership, nursing management and continuous professional development in area of responsibility. The CNM1 is responsible and accountable for the provision of clinical and professional leadership, nursing management and continuous professional development in area of responsibility.
- Assists the CNM2 in the day to day management of designated area
- Keep the CNM2 fully informed regarding issues within designated area of responsibility
- Assists the CNM2 in leading and managing interdisciplinary care for service users in area of responsibility
- In conjunction with CNM2 empowers staff through coaching, education, supervision.
- Assists the CNM2 in leading the nursing and allied team through regular team meetings.
- Enables staff to identify and suggest improvement initiatives.
- Assists the CNM2 in ensuring that high standards of care are achieved in the daily running of services at unit/department level
- Uses a consultative approach and demonstrates an approachable management style.
- Ensure that all staff within area of responsibility practice within their professional scope of practice.
- Deputises for the CNM2 when required
How to apply / enquire
If you are interested in the above position and would like more information on this vacancy, simply respond to this advert with your most up to date Curriculum Vitae. Once recieved and reviewed, Sarah Byrne will call you to discuss this opportunity in detail.
*Applications are strictly confidential