Due to expansion and progression within the service, we are recruiting Registered Nurses with intellectual disability experience for our client's growing residential service.
Our clients will develop, train and advance staff internally prior to external advertising allowing opportunities for progression from within the service
Staff Nurse Responsibilities
- To ensure medication is administered at specified times and in line with Service policy.
- To carry out the role of Bus Escort, as required.
- To ensure that all relevant records and files are kept in order and up to date.
- To assist in the provision of a high standard of home management both by undertaking household duties along with encouraging and teaching service users to be actively involved.
- To ensure that the general appearance of service users and respect for the overall cleanliness, hygiene and standard of assigned area is considered a priority.
Training , Development and Progression
External courses and in-service training available
Mandatory training must be attended if requested/required
The successful candidate will be required to attend a 1 week paid induction.
The successful staff nurse is required to work a rolling roster with a total of 169.45hrs per month. Residential Hours consist of both days and nights.
- All staff are required to join the relevent Public Sector pension scheme
- HSE Salary scale including annual increments
- 24- 27 days annual leave - depending on length of service
- Oder's Sick Pay Scheme
- Internal progression opportunities
- Internal & external training and development programmes
- Rotating rosters
- Nurse Manager support
Staff Nurse Requirements
- Obtain Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required Essential Desirable
- Recognised, relevant and validated qualification.
- Be a holder of the RNID qualification
- Registration with An Bord Altranais.
- Have experience of working with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understand and have experience of POMS process.
- Understand and have experience with Risk Management.
- Knowledge of all legislation.
- Working knowledge and experience of legislation.
- Knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support.
- Working experience of community integration and building social capital.
- Intimate care – hands-on experience.
- Have hobbies/special interests
- Full Driving Licence
- D1 Driving Licence
If you feel are seeking fulltime employment and feel the above will post would be suited to you, please submit your most up to date Curriculum Vitae to this advert where Sarah Byrne, Nursing Consultant @ TTM Healthcare will be in contact