Staff Nurse - Community Residential Services - Fulltime - Permanent Positions
Due to expansion and progression within the service, we are recruiting Registered Nurses with intellectual disability experience for our client's growing residential service. The successful staff nurse is required to work a rolling roster with a total of 169.45hrs per month. Residential Hours consist of both days and nights.
Our client provides Day, Residential and Respite Services for people with learning disabilities in the Dublin South East / Wicklow Region.
Staff Nurse Responsibilities
- To work as part of a team to ensure that the service users receive the highest standard of training, education, care and development in accordance with the policies of the Hospitaller Order of Saint John of God.
- To initiate, implement and review age-appropriate programmes to suit the individual needs of each service user, in the assigned area, in consultation with the relevant Supervisor.
- To ensure medication is administered at specified times and in line with Service policy.
- To initiate, implement and review person-centred plans for each service user, encouraging independence, self development and individuality. To promote and facilitate inclusion in the community and participation in a variety of activities. To ensure the development and implementation of quality systems primarily using the Personal Outcomes Measure so that a service of the highest quality is provided to service users and their families.
- Where the need arises, to work in any or all aspects of programmes within the Service.
- To carry out the role of Bus Escort, as required.
- To ensure that all relevant records and files are kept in order and up to date.
- To assist in the provision of a high standard of home management both by undertaking household duties along with encouraging and teaching service users to be actively involved.
- To ensure that the general appearance of service users and respect for the overall cleanliness, hygiene and standard of assigned area is considered a priority.
- To communicate relevant information (i.e. progress, absenteeism, illness, incidents and accidents relating to service users) on an on-going basis to the Supervisor.
- To utilise non-aversive techniques of behaviour management in compliance with service policy.
- The successful candidate will be required to attend a 1 week paid induction.
Training , Development and Progression
External courses and in-service training available
Our clients will develop, train and advance staff internally prior to external advertising allowing opportunities for progression from within the service
Mandatory training must be attended if requested/required
All staff are required to join the relevent Public Sector pension scheme
HSE Salary scale including annual increments
24- 27 days annual leave - depending on length of service
Oder's Sick Pay Scheme
Internal progression opportunities
Internal & external training and development programmes
Nurse Manager support
Staff Nurse Requirements
- Obtain Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required Essential Desirable
- Recognised, relevant and validated qualification.
- Be a holder of the RNID qualification
- Registration with An Bord Altranais.
- Have experience of working with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understand and have experience of POMS process.
- Understand and have experience with Risk Management.
- Knowledge of all legislation.
- Working knowledge and experience of legislation.
- Knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support.
- Working experience of community integration and building social capital.
- Intimate care – hands-on experience.
- Have hobbies/special interests
- Full Driving Licence
- D1 Driving Licence
If you feel are seeking fulltime employment and feel the above will post would be suited to you, please submit your most up to date Curriculum Vitae to this advert where Sarah Byrne, Nursing Consultant @ TTM Healthcare will be in contact.