TTM Healthcare are recruiting a Healthcare Chaplain to work in a private Hospital in the North Dublin area.
This is a permanent contract working 24 hours per week, competitive salary.
Job Summary: The role of the Healthcare Chaplain is to help provide for the total care of the patient and their families by striving to meet spiritual, emotional and pastoral needs. Working in a multi-disciplinary environment, the Healthcare Chaplain's ministry will embody the Vision, Mission and Values that underpin the Bon Secours approach to person-centred care.
By integrating the ethos of the hospital into daily activity, the Healthcare Chaplain will also care for staff colleagues, and thereby promote an organisational culture that values the human dignity of every individual in the hospital community.
- Function as an active member of the Pastoral Care Team under the direction of the Director of Pastoral Care
- Provide Spiritual, Emotional and Pastoral care to patients and their families in a variety of contexts e.g. pre/post-surgery, End of Life, Bereavement, etc and within the multi-cultural and multi-faith context of the hospital
- Provide Spiritual, Emotional or Pastoral care to staff as required
- Act on and make referrals for pastoral care services as appropriate
- Promote pastoral care services during in-house training and educational activities such as Staff Induction, ongoing training days, etc
- Assist with care of the chapel and plan/participate in liturgical events
- Comply with BSHS Best Practice, Health and safety and other codes as may be required in the course of your work
- Maintain healthcare chaplaincy accreditation by completing the annual CPD requirements of the Healthcare Chaplaincy Board
- Demonstrate flexibility in respect of work roster and the demands of the service
- Undertake specific functions/duties as requested by the Director of Pastoral Care
- Diploma in Catholic Theology from a recognised third level institution
- Possess, or have applied for, Certification as a Catholic Healthcare Chaplain
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good team worker
- Good problem solving and facilitation skills
- Assisting patients/people with spiritual and emotional needs
- Working as part of a team of caregivers
- Performing duties with compassion, energy, openness and flexibility
- Understanding of and familiarity with organising liturgical services and other chapel functions Evidence of showing initiative in a similar role
For more information, please call Louise on 0656869300 ext 117 or email your most recent CV to email@example.com