Senior Medical Scientist/Point of Care Manager, required by TTM Healthcare, on behalf of an independent, acute care hospital based in North Dublin.
The JCI accredited Pathology Department performs a wide range of clinical laboratory investigations utilising state of the art diagnostic analysers and techniques.
As Point of Care Manager, in consultation with Heads of Department, Laboratory QA Manager, Laboratory Manager, Laboratory Consultants and members of the Hospital Point of Care Committee, you will lead the development, implementation and review of Point of Care testing in the hospital, to ensure that all regulatory requirements are met and best practice is achieved.
You will be responsible for the production of all SOPs, protocols and policies and ensure that they are maintained, reviewed and updated when necessary, as well as induction and supervision of staff in the performance of POCT activity.
The selected candidate will have expert knowledge of the field, assessing the relevance and suitability of new technologies and products as they arise and identify areas of expansion.
This is a permanent, part-time position, with competitive salary and benefits offered to the selected candidate.
- Post-graduate degree in the field of Medical Laboratory Sciences - must be accredited or approved by the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine (ACSLM)
- Fellowship or eligible for Fellowship of the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine (ACSLM)
- Minimum four years' post-graduate experience in a Medical Laboratory
- Cross discipline experience in the following areas: Microbiology, Biochemistry and Haematology, Point of Care Testing is desirable
- Experience of working with iLab Laboratory Information System
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Schemes
- Restaurant Facilities
- Staff Car Parking
- Staff Members' Discount on Services
- Strong emphasis on work-life balance
- Mindfulness Training and Wellbeing Promotions
- Competitive Retirement Pension Package
To apply or discuss further, please submit a copy of your updated CV to Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01 513 4908.