Senior Medical Scientist in Blood Transfusion, required by TTM Healthcare, on behalf of a prestigious, JCI-accredited hospital, based in Galway City. This hospital is committed to high-quality care, developing a culture of safety for patients, visitors, and is a leader in continuous compliance with exacting standards.
As Senior Medical Scientist, you will be involved in the organisation and co-ordination of the Blood Transfusion services, the implementation and maintenance of a quality management system in Blood Transfusion, co-ordinating departmental training and organisation of the rota, ensuring that all samples are processed in accordance with standard operating procedures, amongst other duties.
This is a full-time, permanent post.
- BSc in Biomedical Science/Medical Laboratory Science - only ACSLM-approved degrees can be considered
- Possess Fellowship of the ACSLM or be eligible for Fellowship
- Minimum 5 years post graduate Medical Scientist experience in Blood Transfusion
- Minimum 2-3 years Senior Medical Scientist experience is desirable
- Experience in the management and development of LIS in a Blood Transfusion laboratory is desirable
- Flexibility in work practice
To apply, please send an updated copy of your CV to Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 513 4908 to discuss further.