Drug Service Client Support Worker required by TTM Healthcare on behalf of our client in Galway City.
This is a full time, temporary agency contract.
Other Relevant Information: The applicant will be employed TTM Recruitment and be assigned to a designated location in Galway city. This is an outreach post and will involve travel around Galway.
Primary Objective: To develop and provide supports to service users and their families affected by substance misuse.
Role: The role of the Client Support Worker will be to provide a non-judgemental, confidential support service to families of people who have been adversely affected by substance misuse.
- 3rd level qualification in a related field (e.g., addiction, community development, social care, social work, etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills, including ability to liaise with a wide range of contacts and build and maintain effective working relationships;
- Experience of community development in working with families affected by substance misuse
- An ability to engage with and support people in an empathetic and sensitive manner with an understanding of the effects of addiction on them, their families and communities
- Ability to be proactive, use own initiative and work effectively in a challenging environment
- Proven record of working to a client centred non-judgmental ethos
- Possess an open and innovative approach to work
- Driver's licence and access to a car
- Excellent communication skills, IT proficient and demonstrated team work experience.
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol issues, rehabilitation strategies and family based interventions;
- Experience of interagency working in a similar setting.
- Garda vetting will apply;
- Flexibility required in working hours.
If interested please upload a CV. For more information, call Silvia on 01 513 4908.