Senior Medical Scientist (Microbiology), required by TTM Healthcare, on behalf of one of the most advanced private hospitals in Europe, based in South Dublin.
This is a Senior in Charge post and will involve assisting in planning, organising and co-ordinating the Laboratory service, and well as being responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of the clinical laboratory.
Duties will include, and are not limited to:
- Prioritising and organising work during busy periods
- Co-operating with the relevant staff in developing and leading the introduction of new ideas and technologies according to the Hospital policies
- Receiving, recording and investigating details concerning mishaps, complaints and defects in supplies and equipment
- Facilitating and participating with medical and scientific staff in evaluating drugs, equipment, consumable items and research projects
- Facilitating arrangements in the laboratory for educating and training students and house staff
- Participating in professional development of team members, through promoting self-learning and formal courses or informal on the job training
This post required excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a high capacity for responsibility and individual initiative.
This is a permanent, full time role with excellent salary offered, depending on experience.
- BSc in Biomedical Science/Medical Laboratory Science - only ACSLM-approved degrees can be considered
- Possess fellowship or be eligible for fellowship of the Academy of Medical Laboratory Science (FACSLM) or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years satisfactory post-graduate experience in microbiology
- Demonstrate the capacity to manage staff
- Be familiar with laboratory information systems
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland
- Excellent working conditions, ongoing training and huge potential for career development
- Fantastic opportunity to work in an innovative and modern clinical setting
- Pension scheme
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Subsidised canteen and pharmacy
Apply now by sending a copy of your updated CV, or call Robyn on 00353 (0)1 513 4908 to discuss further.