A position is available for a Director of Nursing in a New 60 Bedded facility base just outside Laois . This facility is 40 min from Laois and offers a supportive working environment.
Reporting to the Group Clinical Governance and Operations Manager the successful candidate will essentially be responsible for the provision of long stay care for clients.
Specific duties & responsibilities will include:
- Promote the opportunity for clients/residents to direct their own lives in accordance with their cognitive and physical abilities in an environment that reflects the comforts of home.
- Endeavour to ensure that care is carried out in an ethical manner and that the needs of the client is paramount.
- Collaborate and work closely with the resident his/her family, the multi-disciplinary team, external agencies & services to facilitate continuing care.
- Ensure that direction & co-ordination of the nursing home is consistent with overall strategy and meets national criteria (HIQA Standards).
- Develop and maintain a network of co-operative relationships at local level and amongst individuals, groups and & organisations.
- Participate as a key manager in the overall financial planning of the nursing home including the assessment of pay & non pay expenditure.
- Ensure that modern standards of clinical nursing care (evidenced based) are in operation and that regular monitoring if nursing care is undertaken through audit.
- The Director of Nursing will also be responsible for the development of Clinical Practice, Health & Safety, Education, Training & Development for all care staff.
The successful candidate must:
- Be currently registered with An Bord Altranais, preferably holding a certificate in Gerontology.
- Have up to date knowledge of HIQA regulations and current market issues within the Gerontology field.
- Have at least 5 years post registration experience in the field of elderly care.
- Have at least 2 years management experience and be willing to work as part of a team on all levels.
For more information on this role and a full job description please contact Amy Dormer at TTM Healthcare Recruitment on 01-5136740 or e-mail your cv to email@example.com